Hipsters leave global cities. Filmmakers crop up outside the West Coast. Typical travel hotspots feel too touristy. Other cities crumble as they grow taxing on both their locals and visitors.
Meanwhile, a crossroads of culture lies tucked away in the Ozarks of Southwest Missouri. Interstate 44, Interstate 49, and Historic Route 66 unite in this up-and-coming "here" named Joplin, Missouri. JoMo maintains the lowest cost of living and highest bang-for-your-buck local fare. Our Downtown blooms daily as artists, chefs, and entrepreneurs invent new ways of resurrecting century-old structures.
Because we're more than a destination - we think Joplin's the next place to be.
We're the source of up-and-comers:
- Like poetry? We gave birth to Langston Hughes.
- Dig history? Bonnie and Clyde sought refuge in JoMo.
- Want to be an actor? We claim Robert Cummings, Dennis Weaver, and the up-and-coming Frederic Doss.
- Rather move to your own beat? The music of Percy Wenrich and Charles McPherson was inspired here.
- Find innovation or become a legend? George Washington Carver, Thomas Hart Benton, and Mickey Mantle all have roots in the region.
So explore our attractions and meet our two-hundred-plus restaurants. Kick off your shoes and stay a while in one of our open rooms. They don't call this the Four States for nothing - we're the hub where Kansas City, Wichita, Oklahoma City, and Fayetteville join forces.
We've fostered many up-and-comers as the Middle West's bedrock of inspiration.
You'll get inspired too the moment you pack up and come.