At Visit Joplin MO, the safety of the traveling public, our guests, and our employees is of the utmost importance. We are in daily contact with public health authorities and are acting on the most up-to-date information on the evolving COVID-19 situation.
In Missouri, we are monitoring the spread of this virus and have implemented an aggressive public health response as well as a declaration of a state of emergency from Governor Mike Parson through March 2021.
Currently, Joplin is not under a mask mandate. To view the Joplin Plan for Response and Recovery, click here
. Joplin is currently in Phase 2 - Step 4.
The residents of and visitors to the city are encouraged to follow these guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth, and throw used tissues in a lined trash can. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow — not your hands. Wash your hands immediately.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when you are around others or go out in public.
For more information, visit the links below:
To find local health providers and hospitals, visit the links below: https://www.freemanhealth.com/https://www.mercy.net/practice/mercy-hospital-joplin/
We wish you all a happy and healthy visit to Joplin, Missouri!